- ODP (Open Drip Proof) - Motors with open enclosures, typically
used in clean, non hazardous areas. Vents are designed to prevent liquids and debris from
entering the motor from an angle of 0 to 15°.
- TEFC (Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled) = Motor with a small fan on
the rear shaft of the motor. Typically used in very wet, dirty or dusty areas.
- TEAO (Totally Enclosed Air Over) - Motor with dust-tight enclosure
and an aerodynamic design. This type of motor is desined to allow the air flow of the fan/blower
keep the motor cool.
- TENV (Totally Enclosed, Not Ventilated) - Motor with a dust-tight, enclosure
with no air vents. These small hp motors are cooled by convection to the frame.
- XPRF (Explosion Proof) -Motors designed to withstand an internal explosion
of gas or vapor. If such an explosion happens, the gas/vapor will not ignite.
©Copyright 2023 Surplus Center, All Rights Reserved